This practice was originally founded by Dr Harold Royle in 1946. The practice is an associateship of 4 doctors: Dr Nigel Pain, Dr Eric Baker, Dr Rod Martin and Dr David Thew; they are assisted by Dr Joseph Turner and our registrar's, Dr Kate Chapman and Dr Dipanwita Bhowmik. Their aim is to provide a high standard of care for a broad range of medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecological problems, 24 hours a day, 7 day a week.
This practice is an accredited teaching practice. From time to time the practice will have medical students and student nurses from various universities such as UNSW, the University of Sydney and of course the University of New England. We also host medical students from the John Flynn Rural Doctors program, the Royal College of General Practitioners and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine. All students are supervised by an assigned practice doctor.
Recently we have gained accreditation with GP Synergy and now have regular Registrars who work full time at the practice.
All of our doctors have admitting rights to the Armidale Rural Referral Hospital and the Armidale Private Hospital.